CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Long time, no see

Ok, I know... it's been a while.

Now that the holidays are over, I'll try to update more! (Maybe that'll be my NY resolution!)

So, in case you haven't heard, IT'S A BOY!!! His name is Micah, and we're ecstatic! I'm 26 weeks along (that's almost 6 months, folks!) tomorrow, and he's getting huge! Last week, he hit the 1 1/2 pound milestone, and now he's about the length of "an English hothouse cucumber." Yea, I dare you to try to find one of those in the grocery store. I think the fruit and veggie analysis was stretching a little this week... :)

(Yes, I'm officially stealing Becca's fruit-of-the-week update... thanks, BPFF!)

Speaking of growing, I have been too! I actually look pregnant now, which I love! Still no horrible side effects (knock on wood), except the other night when I fell asleep in a chair with my feet on the floor... (can anyone see what's coming here, cause I sure didn't...) and woke up with my feet and ankles swollen so much I couldn't even see my ankle bones anymore! They looked like sausages! Back to normal now, but not before I worried for an entire day that I would NEVER be seen in ankle-bearing clothing again. (Hello, early 1900's fashion!)

Travis is being AMAZINGLY adorable - taking care of me and making sure I'm comfortable all the time. He even bought Micah a book for Christmas called, "The Dangerous Book for Boys," with all sorts of cool things he wants to teach his son - how to build a go-cart, how to fish, etc.

We're thrilled, excited, and a little scared out of our minds!

Oh, and just in case you don't believe me that I'm huge now, here's a picture from Christmas at 24 weeks.


And, just for fun, here's what happens when I try to get my husband to take one of those cute parent-to-be pictures with me...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so old news (but I love it!)

*weepy*