CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Symptoms, Sushi, and Spiderman

Alright, we've heard the complaints. I guess if we want anyone to read this thing, we have to actually write on it, huh? ;)

I guess we just haven't had much to write about (*knocks on wood*) because so far, the only major symptom I'm having really having is a bigger belly! Thank goodness! Only minor things like an aversion to anything resembling health food (unless you count my FAV, Round Table salads, drowned in ranch and croutons...), and the inability to consume mass quantities of caffeine and alcohol like I usually enjoy. In fact, the inability to consume any caffeine, alcohol, or fake sugar is kind of the only thing that's really upsetting about this pregnancy. (Yes, I know they SAY fake sugar is ok... but they don't know a lot of things. It's one thing to risk my OWN cancer because I secretly want to look like Megan Fox but hate the taste of water, but it's another to risk someone else's cancer. They can decide if they want to be skinny when they grow up.)

My saving grace, however, is the genius sushi bar masters at Izumi's. Thanks to them, I can still order sushi that contains no raw fish, fish eggs, crab, shrimp, scallops, or anything else on the growing list of things I can't shove in my face any longer. (Oh yea, and it still tastes good!) My allergies are bad enough for a sushi restaurant without adding on the preggo list of no-nos. Lucky for me, the wonderful young men at Izumi will put up with my psychotic orders.

Also, Travis and I are getting REALLY excited because we will soon find out if we're having a boy, a girl, or spiderman! (Travis made me put the last one... he wants it to come out of the womb slingin' webs...) Hopefully Thursday, if he/she/Toby McGuire's-last-successful-career-move is cooperating!

And you just wait... as soon as we find out what colors I'm allowed to use, it'll be time to BRING ON THE NESTING!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, the brilliance of the sushi men.

C said...

Yellow and green could kick it in early, not that I'm itching for a project or anything...

I miss Izumi!

Becca and Norm said...

I can't wait for you to find out!!! I hope fetus cooperates, and isn't too modest. Although he/she does have Travis for a father, so modesty really shouldn't be an issue!

Anonymous said...

Ooh baby, I love your way...ways....way

Anonymous said...

Yes, Fetus has Travis for a father. Fetus also has Hillary for a mother, and girl is not known for her stripping in public.

C said...

Sounds like a new poll is in order: How modest is the fetus? Answers after the next ultrasound!

Anonymous said...

i hope that the baby shows it wares off!!! lol...i know that aaron wasnt modest or nothing!! he had his legs spread, pretty much saying "look mom, im a boy!!"...lol...good luck at your doctors appt tomorrow...love you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like all our guesses were wrong, but Steve was right.