CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Typing one-handed and rocking my little man to sleep

Our little Micah-monster is 11 days old today, and is the absolute best thing to happen to Travis and I since each other. He certainly has his fussy moments, but overall, he's a very calm and happy baby. I found my maternal instincts (I think they were under the couch), and I'd like to think Travis and I have been doing a pretty good job so far...

When he was born, we were lucky enough to have my mom staying with us for a week to help wake up in the middle of the night so we could get some rest, and Karin was in town from Boise, which made the week that much more special. My dad and brother came in for the weekend, and - of course - Heidi's been an enormous help. Micah's even had the opportunity to sit on his future best friend, Connor, via Becca's adorable preggo lap. He certainly hasn't met everyone yet, but we're lucky to be surrounded by such amazing friends and family. He's a very loved little guy.

Here are some pictures from the last 11 days!



Pictures from the hospital - he was minutes old...

sleeping on mom...

eating Dad's nose!

Micah and Uncle Adam

With Zilla (oh, there's a story there...)

Trading faces with Grand-dude



His first bath - totally calm and happy - and then he tried to poop all over us...




And, just cause I'm his mom and I can't stand how cute he is, here's a video...

4 comments:

Heidi said...

I miss him and it's only been like 5 days. He really is the cutest and I love his little sounds!!!

Unknown said...

oh, now I can't wait to meet him. Hillary, you are just BEAUTIFUL!!

We miss you like crazy. Won't bore you with the dramas.

Teresa

Becca and Norm said...

How is it that a video of a baby doing nothing but wiggling around with his eyes open could be the cutest thing ever?
Oh yeah, because its a Micah baby!

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I'm at work, and I'm finally able to leave a comment (My home computer sucks!) Anywho, he's soooo precious, and I'd love to see him again!! And you too!! Give me a ring when you get a chance. I know how busy (and exhausted) new moms are, so no rush... but okay, maybe a little... I'm very anxious for some more Micah love!! (This is Hollie, btw)